Fully Fitted French Windows and Doors
As a very classic style French windows and doors can be seen in properties all across the UK. The style is not for everyone and not for every home, but if yours is in need of some character and you have the budget, then fitting a set of French doors or windows is the way to go.
Positives of this design include:
- available in uPVC, Timber or Aluminium
- plain or mullioned glass panels
- side panels for wider openings
- open outwards so they don’t interfere with interior space
- can usually be fitted within a working day
Disadvantages of this design include
- timber doors swell & warp making them fit badly during wet weather
- you can only have 2 doors, as they are a pair of double openers
- wider openings need fixed side or top panels
- if you have them opening inward the door leaves take up a lot of internal space.
If you are considering installing a design of this type, www.compareglazingprices.co.uk/front-doors/french-windows-doors will guide you in the right direction.